What is Rasgulla?
Rasgulla is Sweet dish made of cottage cheese dipped in sugar syrup.
What is Bikaneri Rasgulla?
You might have heard about Rasgullas, famous in Indian Odhisha state & Sponge Rasgullas famous in Indian subcontinent. But, you may not have heard about Bikaneri Rasgullas. Have you?
I love to cook but usually get very less time to make my special. Today, my sister Shalini tried Bikaneri Rasgullas and I thought about sharing this on my blog.
I would love share the recipe with you.
How to Make Rasgulla?
- Full Cream Milk: 1 kg
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Ararot Powder (Arrowroot) - 2 tsp
- White Sirka (vinegar) - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 Cups
Method to prepare Rasgulla:
- Boil full cream milk & add 2 tsp of white sirka in it.
- Wait for some time & you can see paneer coming out from the milk.
- Add ararot powder in paneer and mesh it completely.
- Make small round shape white balls.
How to prepare sugar syrup:
- Add 2 tsp sugar to a cup of water and boil it.
- Wait for some time & add a cup of milk when water starts boiling.
- After boiling remove the solid stuff from the mixture by filtering it and boil it again.
- Now, add prepared rasgullas to the mixture keeping high temperature.
- Rasgullas will double its size.
- As mixture gets thickened, keep adding table spoon of water for approx. 20 minutes.
- Keep the dish for 12 hours to enjoy its true taste.
Remember: Rasgulla is a sweet dish having its origin from Orissa and not West Bengal. I would also like to know how it became famous in west bengal.
How to Serve Rasgulla?
Generally it is served at room tempreture, but many families love them chilled.