A chain of restaurant started in 1999 as a tribute to the legendary Kundan Lal Gujral.
Who was Kundan Lal Gujral?
The father of tandoori cuisine, the legend. The founder of Moti Mahal, the man gave us the tandoori chicken!
About Moti Mahal Delux
They have 132 Moti Mahal globally of which Delhi- NCR has 31.
I had never been to Moti Mahal and thought about trying this restaurant at MGF Metropolitan Mall – MG Road, Gurgaon. It costs 1400 approx. for two people but wasn’t worth.
I was there on Sunday night and unexpectedly only 2 or 3 tables were occupied. I was surprised to see that food and service was not good at this restaurant.
- No was present on the door to receive and waiters were busy watching TV.
- Plates, spoons & forks weren’t clean and I had to ask them to replace them with washed ones.
- We ordered their veg makhni meal which serves 2. Meal consisted of Dal makahni, paneer butter masala, raita salad & 2 naan . It tasted gross!!
- Waiters were roaming as if they don’t have anything in this world to do.
- I asked for a glass of water and it took them more than 20 mins to understand.
- I asked more than 5 times and they served me water.
Overall experience was very bad.